A deal this big will likely to cause cries from a website bubble, and draw a sneering look from users wondering why an application for sharing images is worth in the way it is.
What is Instagram, and why does it attract by so many financiers?
Instagram claims to be an exciting method to share images with your friends. The users snap photos using their cell phones, and then choose from a variety of filters to give their photos a an extra look. They are captioned and have a location, and can be shared with friends via social media sites like twitter and Facebook buy instagram followers cheap.
The real value of Facebook is the mobile community instagram for phones that was created in such a short amount of period of time.
It’s now one of the largest social networks, with over 40 million signed up users. Users can connect with friends via images and leave comments on images and post comments on. More than one billion images were downloaded, which is about 6 million daily. The number of users per day is extremely high, as the images have more than 600 likes every second, and more than 85 comments per second.
Instagram holds the record for being the fastest application to hit 1.5 million downloads on 21 December, 2010. Apple called it the app of the year in 2011.
As with many other applications and social network websites. In the end, Instagram has not yet developed a business model. However, companies like Urban filter as well as Ann Taylor have made accounts to promote their brands and many celebrities and politicians are part of the group.
Instagram has the highest connection to Facebook and Twitter, and is also believed to be a major buyer. Instagram’s CEO and founder Kevin was a part of ODEO company, which created the social network twitter. In 2006, the founder of Stanford University spend two years working for Google search engine and worked with Google Reader and Gmail as well as on the group for corporate development.
- In 2010 December Instagram was home to 1.5 million users registered. In June 2011, Instagram released a 5 million users’ announcements and surpassed 10 million users in the month of September in 2010.
- Instagram has announced 100 million photos have been uploaded to the service in the month of July 2011. The number reached 150 million shares in 2012. April through August. It was announced that there were over 30 million people have registered for the Instagram application.
- Instagram’s new Android version in Google plays a crucial role and has more than one million downloads in just a half day.
- In January of 2011, Instagram was the most popular mobile phone application in the year 2010. Tech Crunch crunchies.
- In May of 2011, the Best and fastest firm set CEO Kevin Systrom to be number 66 on the most successful business people 2011.
- In 2011 , June, Inc magazine featured co-founders Krieger and Systrom on its list of the top 30 people in 2011, 30 list, and the 30 under.
- In September of 2011, Instagram was awarded the “top locally made mobile phone application award” in the SF weekly.
- Popular 7×7 magazines published in 2011 included Krieger and Systrom on the cover of their most lucrative business deals.
- In December of 2011, Apple Inc, title on Instagram “Application of the year in 2011”